Why Being Certified Is So Important
Among many benefits of holding professional trade credentials, you are granted the eligibility to purchase exclusive professional products and equipment, and to apply for liability/malpractice insurance.
Obtaining a Barber Stylist Certification carries many more benefits, including:
- Helps you with career opportunities and looks great on your resume
- Gives you professional status with the public
- Allows you to work with IATSE
- Commits you to a recognized and valuable code of ethics
- Shows that you have mastered your craft in barbering
- Qualifies you to work in certain municipalities where certification may be required
- Give you the opportunity to purchase from professional suppliers
Check the events calendar for the BCBA exam dates for certification for barbers. The exams will start in Vancouver and run over 1 day (approximately 4 hours) and combine the practical and theory exams.
Graduates will be certified with an overall result of 70% and be awarded a Certificate of Qualification, Barber Stylist.